Thursday, June 21, 2012

Biggest "ah-ha" moment!


I have been pleasantly surprised by how this class is going! At first I was concerned I wouldn't learn many new tools to use but that is certainly not the case! I would say the best thing I have learned so far is how to use wikis and google docs. I had experimented with google docs before but I never really thought about how useful it could be in the classroom. This class has really got me in the mind set of how these tools, that i've had access to all along, can be used in the classroom. I am so excited about the idea of a classroom blog. It will be a great way to teach kids about how to use the internet and help them get comfortable with navigation. It will also be a great way to communicate with parents and help keep them feel involved. With wikis, if you are having a party, field trip, or event at school, you could use a wiki to get all of your ideas together and assign "who's doing what" or "who's bringing what" and be able to edit it until you have a clear, collaborative, picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi! Thank you for visiting my blog! Here I'll be sharing with you my experiences in my Ed Psych 401 class at the University of Tennessee.