Digital Storytelling is the art of telling a story through digital media. I have created a "how to" video on teaching children how to grow their own food. School gardens are a great way to teach children about where their food comes from while promoting healthy food choices. Most school gardens are created in raised beds, since soil quality may be an issue on your school grounds. This video shows you how to construct a raised bed for use in a school garden.
Working with iMovie was a lot of fun! It was a bit frustrating at times however - as it can be a bit quirky. I am unhappy with the quality of the video however, once I uploaded it to youtube. I followed the directions on the rubric but converting it to VGA made it difficult to view the text I included to help tell the story. This was a little disappointing because it looks so crisp and clear with high resolution on my computer. :( Hopefully, this video sill conveys my digital story and gives you an idea of how to create a classroom garden!

No comments:
Post a Comment